• 6-8 slices White/ Brown Bread
• 1 medium Potato (boiled and diced)
• 1 medium Onion (chopped)
• 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
• 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
How to make Bread Upma:
• Break the bread slices into small cubes without crumbling them.
• In a wok (kadhai) heat oil and add a pinch of asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook till it starts to splutter.
• Add onion to it and sauté for some time till pink. Add boiled potatoes to it and sauté again.
• Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Toss in the bread and mix again without breaking them. Cook for 2 minutes. You can add a little water to it if required.
• Add lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves and toss.
• Serve hot.