• 1 Tofu ,Firm(16 ounce)
• ¼ cup Soy Sauce
• 2 tbsp Maple Syrupor 1tsp sugar
• 2 tbsp Ketchup
• 1 tbsp Vinegar
• A dash of Hot Sauce
• 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
• 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 tsp garlic paste /grated
• 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
• 1 tsp Smoke Flavoring (liquid)/optional
How to make Baked Tofu Bites:
• Pre-heat the oven to 190 degree Celsius.
• Take a non-stick baking sheet and spread some oil on it.
• Cut ½-inch slices of tofu, and squeeze the extra water.
• Now, cut the sliced tofu into ½-inch cubes.
• Take a bowl and mix together soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar and hot sauce.
• Now, put sesame seeds, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke in that bowl. Mix well.
• Gently stir tofu cubes into the sauce, cover the lid and leave it to marinate for 5 minutes.
• Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer.
• Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
• Turn the tofu to the other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
• Take it out from the oven and serve hot.
* This can be done in a pan also over stove.In a nonstick pan, spray some oil and place tofu and let it brown, turn gently and cook from other side. Do this in small batches for even cooking.